• 700 grams chat potatoes(small and same size)
• 1 and ½ teaspoons chilli powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• ¼ teaspoon whole cumin
• 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 2 cardamom pods
• 2” cinnamon stick
• 1 bay leaf
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoon yogurt(tok doi)
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup oil
• 1 tablespoon ghee
How to make:
1. Please take small chat potato and need to same size. Boil potato and peel the skin.
2. Mash 1-2 potatoes and keep aside.
3. Prick rest of potatoes with fork and toss with 1/3 teaspoon salt. Fry potatoes in oil till it becomes light golden.
4. Make a paste with turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder and ginger with 2 tablespoon water.
5. In same oil add cardamom, cinnamon, bay leaf and cumin. When cumin starts crackle, add mixture of spices.
6. Stir it and cook it till oil comes out. Add 2 tablespoon water and cook till oil comes out.
7. Add potatoes, yogurt, salt and ¼ cup of water and cook it on slow heat till spices cooperate with potatoes.
8. Check salt and add ghee, roasted cumin and sugar.
9. Stir well and remove from heat.
10. Enjoy aloor dom with luchi, paratha and roti.