Basa with Coconut Cream
In my childhood I asked my uncle (mama) about his favourite fish. He said his most favourite fish which was the expensive one. Though basa is neither expensive nor hard to get, I find that Basa is to flavour it up. Just you need to creative about it. In that way I made fish kofta curry and basa with coconut cream.
This recipe is inspired by my mom Shol mach with coconut milk. So you can even use shol mach in recipe. But I found basa goes very well in this recipe. Hope you will like this recipe.
• 700 grams basa fillets
• 3 medium potato
• 200 ml coconut cream
• 1 cup onion sliced
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon onion paste
• ½ tablespoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 1 bay leaf
• Salt to taste
• ¼ cup oil
How to make:
1. Cut potato and fish like the picture (bite size, but fish will little bit bigger size than potato). Wash those separately, strain and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil on medium high and add onion slice and bay leaf. Fry the onion till it becomes lite brown.
3. Add onion paste, chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, ½ tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon water. Cook it till oil is separated.
4. Add potato and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add fish pieces and coconut cream and cook it under closed till potato is tender.
6. Check salt and add cumin powder.
7. Serve Basa with coconut cream along with hot rice.