Bhuri Bhuna / Spicy Beef Stomach
Bhuri Bhuna / Spicy Beef Stomach is an unique recipe which is cooked with lots of spices and specially lots of garlic. Though I saw a troublesome cleaning process of Beef Stomach and even more longer process to cook it. But we get cleaned beef stomach here and Pressure cooker makes cooking process shorter. If you want, you can boil the beef stomach 5-6 days long like our elder and slice it and then cook it. I promise that this short process will not effect on taste. You cannot able to find difference. Hope in your busy schedule, the recipe will spice up your life.
• 800 grams cow stomach (cleaned)
• 2 cups onion sliced
• 1 tablespoon onion paste
• 3 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (optional)
• 2 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 2″ cinnamon stick
• 4 cardamom
• 2 Bay leaves
• 5-6 cloves
• 4-5 Green chilli sliced
• Salt to taste
• ½ cup oil
How to make:
1. Clean the beef stomach well 5 to 6 times with hot water and boil them with ½ teaspoon turmeric, 1 bay leaf and ½ tablespoon salt. I prefer to use pressure cooker to boil he stomach. It will need 4 whistles to boil the beef stomach.
2. Let it cool down and slice them into smaller pieces like the picture. Keep the water from the stomach.
3. Heat oil in a pan and brown the onions.
4. Add the cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaf, onion, ginger, garlic, pepper and salt. Cook it till oil is separated.
5. Now add in the stomach pieces and mix well.
6. After a few minutes add the rest of the ingredients except for the roasted cumin powder, and green chilli.
7. Keep stirring for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the water from stomach and cover the pan and keep over low heat.
9. Stir occasionally.
10. Once the water dries up, add green chilli and cumin powder.
11. Cook 2 more minutes and turn off the heat.
12. Serve Bhuri Bhuna / Spicy Beef Stomach with plain rice.
Tips: you can boil the beef stomach, sliced it up and keep it in freezer for long.