Chalkumra Bhaji / Fried Hairy Melon
By Rownak Jahan,
June 14, 2012
Prep Time: 10minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
This is very easy, simple and handy recipe with lots flavour. Instead of egg you can use prawn. In that you need to fry the prawn with onion.
• 700 grams hairy melon thinly sliced
• ½ medium onion sliced
• 4 green chillies
• 1 egg
• 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 3 tablespoon milk(optional)
• 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
• 2 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Heat the pan with oil and add oil. Fry the onion till it becomes soft.
2. Add sliced melon, turmeric, milk, chillies and salt and stir occasionally.
3. Fry it till melon is tender. When melon is tender add egg.
4. Wait 2 minutes and stir it to mix the egg with melon. Add coriander leaves.
5. Stir it and check the salt. Remove from heat.
6. Serve chalkumra bhaji / fried hairy melon with rice or roti.