Personally I prefer not to buy mince. I like to buy fillet and put it in food processor to make the mince. In that way you know which part meat you are having and how lean it is. Don’t use lean meat for Chapli kabab. Lean meat makes dry kabab.
I am not very fond of deep fried kabab. That’s why I like Chapli kabab which is shallow fried. Even you can use BBQ for it.
• 300 grams beef/ mutton mince
• 1 large tomato chopped
• 1 small onion finely chopped
• 3-4 green chillies chopped
• ½ teaspoon black pepper crushed
• 1 teaspoon cumin roasted powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
• 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
• Salt to taste
• Oil for shallow fry
How to make:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and make a patty with it. It will make about 6.
2. Heat the oil and shallow fry them till it becomes golden brown (don’t over fry it).
3. Serve hot juicy chapli kakab with naan / paratha or side with polau.
Tips: just use flesh of tomato. Don’t take watery part of tomato.