Chepa Shutki Biran / Chepa Shutki Bhuna
Chepa shutki is a semi dried traditional fermented fish. Usually dry fish is baked under sun, but Chepa shutki is made with semi fermentation. It is origin to Mymensingh district of Bangladesh. Like other dry fish chepa shutki is cooked with lots chilli and garlic. Some likes to use dry chilli paste(to soak dry chilli and make paste of it), but I find chilli powder more easy and handy. Enjoy.
- 6 Chepa shutki(dry fish)
- 1 and ½ cup onion(chopped)
- 3 tbsp galic(chopped)
- 3 tbsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1/3 cup oil
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Wash Dry fish, remove the scale and cut off head: keep aside the fish
- Heat oil till it becomes smoky hot and add fish. Stir it, fish will melt down.
- Add onion, garlic and salt; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric and chilli powder; cook till oil comes out.
- Enjoy Chepa Shutki Biran / Chepa Shutki Bhuna with steamy hot rice.