When I came Australia, I found something look like our chicken patties and kind of same style of stuffing. Do you have any idea what I am talking about? It is pie. Our chicken patties and pie kinda same thing but chicken patties have more flavour because stuffing is spiced up and its skin is crisper. Few weeks ago I have started sharing Authentic Bangladeshi snacks. In my Bangladeshi snacks journey I want to Chicken Patties. Hope you will make to enjoy with your family and friends.
• 200 grams chicken breast(diced)
• 300 grams onion (diced)
• 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• 1/3 teaspoon cardamom powder(optional)
• ½ teaspoon black pepper crushed
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• ¼ cup milk
• ½ teaspoon tasting salt
• 2 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
• 2 puff pastry sheets
• 1 egg
Also needs muffin tray and spray oil.
How to make:
1. Heat the pan with oil and fry onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add chicken, ginger, cardamom, black pepper and salt and cook it till chicken changes it colour.
3. Mix milk and corn flour together and add with chicken.
4. Stir well and cook 1 more minute.
5. Add tasting salt and mix it. Remove pan from heat.
6. Preheat the oven on 18o˚c or 160˚c for fan forced one.
7. Cut 6 of 4.5″ circle and 6 of 3″ circle from pastry sheets.
8. Spray oil in the muffin tray. Use 4.5″ circle as a base in muffin tray and stuff it.
9. Break the egg and give a whisk. Brush egg on each stuffed patty.
10. Use 3″ circle as a top and from the off cut of puff pastry sheet make 6 small balls. Place one each patty and brush egg on each patty.
11. Bake the patties till those become golden brown.
12. Take out from oven and let it sits from 10 minutes.
13. Serve chicken patties hot.