Murgir Roast / Chicken Roast (Bangladeshi Style)
By Rownak Jahan,
March 13, 201215 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 serves
To see the name don’t get confuse. Bangladeshi chicken roast / murgir roast and regular chicken roast are totally different things. Chicken roast / morgir roast is very popular item in Bangladesh and it is the must item in any occasion small or big. It is actually sweet spiced chicken cooked in yogurt. Hope you will love the flavour of Bangladesh.
• 2 chicken (Size 8 )
• 2 cup sliced onion
• 1 and ½ cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoon white poppy seed
• 2 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
• 2 cardamom pods
• 1 ‘’ cinnamon stick
• 4-5 black pepper
• 2 clove
• ¼ teaspoon nut meg
• ¼ teaspoon mace
• 1 bay leaf
• 3-4 green chillies
• 1 and ½ tablespoon sugar
• ½ cup of oil
• 2 tablespoon clarified butter/ ghee
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Cut each chicken into 4 pieces and cut 1-2 slits on each piece.
2. Clean and wash well. Pat dry it and mix lemon juice and1 teaspoon salt. Keep it aside for ½ hour.
3. Wash the poppy seed and make paste of poppy seeds, coriander seeds, nut meg, mace, clove, black pepper, cardamom and cinnamon together.
4. Fry the sliced onion in oil till it becomes golden brown. Take out fried onion and keep aside.
5. Fry chicken pieces in same oil till it becomes light brown and add yogurt and all spices except fried onion, green chillies and sugar.
6. Cook it on medium heat 10 minutes and then low heat till chicken becomes tender and oil comes out.
7. Add fried onion, green chillies, clarified butter and sugar and keep it on low heat or you can put it in oven on 150˚c about 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve out Chicken Roast(Bangladeshi style) / murgir roast with polau and enjoy the flavour of Bangladesh.
Tips: If you don’t have poppy seeds, use 7-8 cashew nuts.