Thanks to Iwata Rumi (facebook friend); she reminds me my childhood school lunch(butter bun, crush bun, cream roll, patties, Danish etc). Hope my little effort to bring back our childhood.
- 3 and ½ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup warm milk
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 gram dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon butter /oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 100 gram beef mince
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 green chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Mix yeast, sugar and water together and let it sits for 5 minutes or till you can see air bubble in the mixture.
- Break the egg and keep 1 tablespoon egg white aside.
- Mix all ingredients together and knead well till the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover it.
- Leave the bowl in a warm place to rise till it becomes double (approx 1hr).
- Heat the pan with oil and fry the onion till it becomes soft and transparent.
- Add turmeric and salt and stir it. Add mince and chillies.
- Cook it till meat is tender. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
- Knock down the dough then knead it for 2 minutes and divide the dough into 6 balls.
- Roll each ball 4″ flat bread and stuff each flat bread and roll it up.
- Place each bun on a greased baking tray and brush top of the bun with water.
- Leave the tray in warm to double in size.
- Brush the bun with egg white and bake in preheated oven at 200˚C for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out from oven and let it cool down.
- Enjoy the crush bun with sweet childhood memories.