Mutton with Moong Lentil / Dal Khasi
Yeah I know that I was not on my track for last few recipes. May be I will do that kinda mistake in my journey. But believe me that I know my goal, adore my individuality and simply love my country.
Mutton with Moong Dal / Dal Khasi is mutton cooked in spiced up moong lentil. It is a famous recipe for restaurant in Bangladesh. Rice, naan or paratha all go very well with this dish.
• 1 kg mutton(large curry cut)
• 1 and ½ cup moong dal
• 2 medium onion sliced
• 2 tablespoon white vinegar
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• 1 tablespoon coriander powder
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 2 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• ½ black pepper crushed(optional)
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 ” cinnamon stick
• 2-3 cardamom
• 4-5 green chilli
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Marinate mutton with vinegar at least hour.
2. Roast moong dal on slow heat until lentil is crisp. But be careful we don’t want to burn it. And soak in water 15 minutes. Then drain the water.
3. Heat the pant with oil and add the onion, bay leaf, cardamom and cinnamon.
4. Fry onion till it becomes light golden.
5. Add chilli powder, turmeric, coriander, ginger, garlic and salt. Cook it till oil is separated.
6. Add mutton and stir well. Cook it till it gets dry.
7. Stir it and add 7 cups water. Cook it under closed lid about 10 minutes.
8. Add moong lentil and green chilli. Cook it till moong lentil is cooked and check the salt and add cumin powder. Remove from the heat.
9. Serve hot Mutton with Moong Dal / Dal Khasi with Plain rice / Paratha/ Naan.
Tips: When you are roasting Moong Lentil, please please stay beside it and stir it. Don’t burn it. Some can think that burned moong gives texture. But in reality burned moong lentil is the worst thing ever .