Golap Pitha / Sweet Rose
I want to rephrase the making style of Golap Pitha. I love my other recipe Golap pitha too but I find this easier and less time consuming. Please don’t forget to join my facebook group or like my facebook page to keep in touch with me .Thanks.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk/ water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter/ ghee
- 1 cardamom
- 1/2″ cinnamon stick
- Oil for deep fry
Also needs cookie cutter 3”-4”
How to make:
- Make syrup with sugar, cardamom, cinnamon and 2 cups water. Keep aside the syrup because we need lukewarm syrup.
- Boil milk/ water with salt and when it comes boiling point, add flour. Turn of the heat and let it sit for 2-3 minutes under closed lid.
- Make smooth dough with boiled flour and clarified butter. Divide the dough into 4 balls.
- Roll each ball into thin flat bread and cut with cookie cutter.
- We need 3 to make 1 rose and check the picture to the step of it. Need to bend or spread petals to give the look of exact flower.
- Heat the oil on medium heat and fry Golap pitha till it becomes golden brown.
- Take out fried Golap pitha from oil and soak in syrup for 2 minutes. Take it out from syrup.
- Serve beautiful Golap pitha (The food Of Bangladesh).