Peda is a kind of sondesh which is made by ricotta cheese (chhana) and sugar. To give more flavour I used gur (akher gur). If you want, you can use only sugar. Hope you like this simple easy Gurer peda recipe.
• 1 litre milk(for Chhana)
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup milk powder
• 3 tablespoon ghee / clarified butter
• 1 and half tablespoons gur
• ½ cup sugar
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
• Dry nuts for garnish
How to make:
1. Make chhana from 1 litre milk to follow my chhana recipe. Strain it.
2. Heat the pan with ghee and when ghee will melt, add chhana, milk, milk powder and cardamom powder.
3. Stir it continuously and after 8 minutes add sugar and gur.
4. Cook it till it starts leaving aside and becomes like a dough. Remove it from heat and put it into a bowl.
5. Let it cools down and now shape it.
6. Garnish with dry nuts and enjoy the flavour of Gurer peda.
Tips: don’t make it crumbly. It will become like dough. Otherwise use more milk and cook again.