By Rownak Jahan,
January 20, 2012Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serve: 4
In hari kabab I used green chillies but you can use chilli powder. Chilli powder will make little bit darker than this one.
• 500 grams diced beef /mutton
• 1 cup sliced onion
• 2 tablespoon onion paste
• 5-6 green chillies
• 1 teaspoon ginger
• 1 teaspoon garlic
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder
• ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
• ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
• 1/6 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/6 teaspoon mace
• ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
• 2 clove
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoon yogurt
• 2 teaspoon vinegar
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Tenderize the meat with hammer and mix vinegar, yogurt, ½ amount of ginger and garlic.
2. Let it marinate at least 1 hour though I prefer overnight.
3. Fry the sliced onion with ½ amount of oil and make paste. Keep aside.
4. Use same pan and add rest of oil.
5. Add onion paste and bay leaf and cook it till oil comes out.
6. Add rest of spices and stir it.
7. Add meat and stir it. Cook it till oil is separated and add 1 and ½ water and salt.
8. Cook it till meat becomes tender and check the salt.
9. Add fried onion paste and sliced green chillies before take off Hari kabab from the stove.
10. Serve hari kabab with paratha, luchi, naan or palau rice.
Tips: If you don’t tenderizer hammer, you can use normal hammer wrapped with cling wrap.