Healthy Naan Roti on Tawa
Yeast, Yeast mixing, soft dough and kneading are important keys to get soft Naan. I have nt used any oil in it to make healthy but you can check butter naan tips in the end.You can even make the dough at night for Breakfast. Make this naan and put cheese and onion to get your naan pizza slice. I also add oven and butter naan option please check that. Thanks.
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Luke warm water
- Dry plain flour for rolling
How to make:
- Dissolve the dry yeast and sugar in ½ cup lukewarm water; let it sits for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes you will see air bubbles in the mixture, if you can’t see air bubble throw it(yeast is not active) and make it again with fresh Dry Yeast.
- Mix salt and flour together and mix properly.
- Put yogurt in this mix and make crumbly dough.
- Now add the yeast mixture and more lukewarm water to make soft sticky dough. Knead the dough thoroughly and make smooth dough.
- Cover the dough and let it sits in a warm place for at least 1 hour.
- Knead the dough 3-4 minutes and divide that into six balls.
- Take each ball and using dry flour roll flat thick bread.
- Now brush water over the rolled Naan.
- Heat the thick bottom pan(tawa) and wait till the pan becomes hot properly.
- You can place Naan wet side down on the pan(tawa).
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip it ; cook the other side of naan until brown spots appear on it.
- Healthy Tawa Naan ready to eat.
- If you are using oven , preheat 250° c, bake on wet side down on try 2-3 minutes and other side needs to bake for 1-2minutes until top is brown spots appear on naan.
- For butter naan: add 3 tablespoon oil while you are making the dough and after baking/ cooking the naan brush butter over the Naan.