Healthy Oats Khichuri / Spicy Oats
New Craze Having Oats to lose weight In Bangladesh. But we are not that typical to have oats in conventional way .So for our spice loving taste Bud, here oats recipe comes with twist. Hope you will like.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 and ½ cups your choice vegetables(I used carrot, peas and snow peas)
- 3-4 green chillies (chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cardamom pods
- 1”cinnamon stick
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Onion + oil+ cumin to taste
How to make:
- You can dry roast oats for 2-3 minutes and keep aside. This part is optional.
- Cut all vegetables into same size (diced or sliced to your choice), wash it and keep aside.
- Heat 1 and ½ cups water with bay leaf, cardamom pods, cinnamon, green chillies, turmeric and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boil and add vegetables; when vegetables are about cooked, add oats.
- Cook on low heat under closed lid till oats are cooked. You can eat now but this will be bit bland (tasteless).
- You can just add 1 teaspoon mustard oil or olive oil with Oats Khichuri before you have it. Or fry 1 tablespoon onion in 2 teaspoon and when onion is lite brown and add ¼ teaspoon whole cumin. When cumin starts crackle, add it to Oats Khichuri and Enjoy.