Indian Spinach with Pumpkin / kumra Pui shak
Indian spinach (pui shak) is my favourite leafy vegetables. I use pumpkin with Indian spinach here which gives little bit sweetness in this dish. Instead of pumpkin you can use sweet potato (kumara).
• 500 grams Indian spinach
• 150 gram pumpkin(large diced)
• 150 grams prawn (peeled)
• ½ medium onion sliced
• 2 tablespoon coconut cream or ½ cup milk(optional)
• ¼ turmeric powder
• 3-4 green chillies sliced
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
How to cook:
1. Remove the leaf from stem and cut stem into 1.5˝ pieces. Wash leaf and stem thoroughly and drain the water.
2. Heat the pan with oil and add onion and fry onion till it becomes transparent.
3. Add prawn and bay leaf, when it changes the colour; add coconut cream, green chillies, turmeric salt.
4. When oil is separated, add Indian spinach pieces and pumpkin with 1/2 cup water and cook it till it becomes tender.
5. Check the salt and remove from the stove.
6. Serve Indian spinach with pumpkin/ kumra pui shak with rice.