Keski is a tiny Bangladeshi fish which has resemble with silverfish. It is good source of vitamin A and D. I try to show easiest and health way to keski fish. It does not take time but you will love the result. I used potato with keski. If you want , you can omit the potato.
• 380 grams Keski fish
• 1 medium potato julienne cut
• 1 medium Onion(thin sliced)
• 3-4 cloves Garlic(chopped)
• 1 large Tomato (thick sliced)
• 1 bay leaf
• 5-6 Green chillies(sliced)
• 2 tablespoons Coriander leaves(chopped)
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon English hot mustard paste(optional)
• Salt to taste
• 4 tablespoons oil
How to cook:
1. Clean and wash the fish and potato. Add half of turmeric powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt and mix it gently. Let it sets for at least 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes take pan and mix fish and all ingredients except coriander leaves with 1 and ½ cup water.
3. Heat the pan on medium under closed lid till potato is tender.
4. Add coriander leaves and let it cook till it dries up. Remove from heat.
5. Serve keski chorchori with hot plain rice.