Khasir Glassy / Mutton Glassy
Khasir Glassy / Mutton Glassy is traditional Old Dhaka (Puran Dhakaiya) Meat curry. Khasir Glassy / Mutton Glassy is supposed to have thick oil layer which looks like glass ( Very rich dish) but easy to make. Its actually more like rich soup and close Nihari. Enjoy.
• 1 kg Mutton(big curry cut and leg meat preferable)
• 6-8 boiled Eggs
• ½ cup onion paste
• ¼ cup ginger paste
• 2 tbs garlic paste
• 1 tbs nut powder(cashews)
• 1 tables sliced roasted nuts(cashews, almond or pistachio)
• 1 tbs sultana(kismis)
• 3 tbs ghee/clarified butter
• ½ ts cardamom powder
• ½ ts cinnamon powder
• ¼ ts nutmeg powder(jayphol)
• 1 cup milk
• ½ cup milk powder
• ½ cup onion sliced
• 8-12 green chillies sliced
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
• 1/3 cup cream for garnish (optional)
How to make:
- In a pan add ghee and fry onion till it becomes gold brown. Remove fried onion from ghee and keep aside. Use same pan to cook mutton.
- Clean and wash mutton and mix it with onion paste, garlic, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, milk, milk powder, nut powder, sultana, 1 ts salt and oil. Let it marinate for 2o minutes.
- Add 1.5 litre water in it and cook it for 20 minutes under closed lid.
- Remove lid, stir it and repeat the process (every 20 minutes remove lid and give a stir) till mutton is cooked.
- Check salt, add eggs and cook 5 minutes more.
- Garnish Khasir Glassy / Mutton Glassy with cream, fried onion and fried nuts and serve with naan or paratha.