Lal mohon/Golap jam/Lal misti
Lal mohon/Golap jam/lal misti which ever name you call it, all are different name for same dessert. Hope you will like.
Image Credit: bnilesh
• 2 cups full cream milk powder
• ½ cup self raising flour
• Pinch of saffron imitation
• 200ml thicken cream
• 3 cups sugar
• 2 cardamom pods
• Ghee or Oil to deep fry(you can use half oil and half ghee)
How to make:
1. First place a sauce pan on heat with 3 cups water, cardamom and sugar. When sugar is dissolved and syrup comes into boiling point, turn off the heat. Keep aside. We need lukewarm syrup to soak the sweet.
2. Mix milk powder, self raising flour, saffron and cream and make dough. Need to be careful about adding cream because we want soft dough which we can work with (don’t make too soft which hard to shape). But on the other hand hard dough will make crack on sweet.
3. Divide the dough into 18-20 balls.
4. Heat the pan on low medium with oil for deep fry. Check the oil to put a little piece of dough in the oil if it sizzles and comes up slowly .It means the oil is ready.
5. When oil is ready (don’t make oil too hot, we will slow fry them. Place the sweet in the oil with care and fry it all side till it becomes golden brown.
6. Take out the sweet from oil and straight put into lukewarm syrup. Repeat the same step for rest of sweet.
7. Soak sweet at least ½ hr and take out the sweets from syrup.
8. Serve Lal mohon/Golap jam/lal misti cold.
Tips: Oil temperature is the most important part so keep your stove on low medium.