Mango Pickle / Amer Achar / আমের আচার
• 4 mangoes
• 3 tablespoon hot English mustard paste
• 2 tablespoon garlic
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 tablespoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon nigella seeds(kali jeera)
• ½ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
• ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
• ½ ajwain seeds
• 4-6 dry chillies
• ½ cup vinegar
• 1 and ½ cups Mustard oil
How to make:
1. Cut mango and remove the seed. Cut into small pieces with skin and wash and pat dry it.
2. Mix chilli powder and 2 tablespoon salt and dry under sun at least 4 hours.
3. Roast all seeds separately and grind them.
4. Heat the pan with oil and add dry chilli. When dry chillies fries, add garlic, mustard paste, rest of spices and vinegar.
5. When it cooperates together, add mango pieces.
6. Stir well and cook about 5minutes.
7. Check the salt and remove from the stove.
8. Let it cool down. Then put into a jar and leave it again in the sun for another 4-5 days.
9. Enjoy mango pickle/ amer achar.
Tips: The pickle need to dip into mustard oil.