Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit (Bangladeshi Style)
To me if you don’t like chanachur or Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit (both need to be from bakery not from packet), you are not Bangladeshi. Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit is the salted form of shortbread(interesting). In Bangladesh it is made with hydrogenated vegetable oil(Dalda) rather than butter or ghee.
• 1 and ½ cups plain flour
• ½ cup cornflour
• 200 grams butter
• 3 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 and ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cardamom powder(optional)
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon nigella(kali jeera)
How to make:
1. Add butter and sugar in a food processor and mix it till butter starts fading.
2. Add salt and cardamom powder: mix again.
3. Sift baking powder, plain flour and cornflour together.
4. Add sifted flour in food processor little by little and mix it.
5. After mixing flour it will become very soft dough. Take out the dough from food processor and add nigella. Mix it with your hand.
6. Take cling wrap and wrap the dough. Let it set for at least half hour in refrigerator.
7. Preheat the oven on 180˚c(fan forced on 160˚c).
8. Roll in the dough and make your desired shape.
9. Bake it for about 17-18 minutes or until it becomes light brown in colour.
10. Take out from oven and it cool down.
11. Enjoy Nonta Biscuit / Salted Biscuit along with tea.