By Rownak Jahan,
February 20 2012
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Usually Pakon pitha is made fresh coconut milk squeezed from fresh coconut paste. But If you can use canned coconut milk or if its hard to get, you just use water to boil the flour. Hope it will make easier for you guys.
- ½ kg plain flour
- ½ kg sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 gram fresh coconut milk
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cardamom pods
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep fry
How to make:
- Boil plain flour in coconut milk and salt.
- Remove from heat and let it cool down.
- Make sugar syrup to use cardamom and 1.25 litre water and let it keep aside. Because we need lukewarm water.
- Mix egg and clarified butter/ ghee with the dough and knead well.(if the dough still does not soft enough, use little warm water and need well)
- Make your desirable shape. You can use dice to make shape. It will make about 30 pitha.
- Heat oil when oil is ready, fry the pitha till it becomes golden brown.
- Soak straight into syrup and soak it over night in refrigerator.
- Serve Pakon Pitha chilled.