Pata Pitha/ Sweet Leaf
By Rownak Jahan,
February 28, 2012Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Pan pitha is an easy recipe but with delicate look. You can soak it in 1 sting or 2 siting syrup. Both of them have unique taste.
• 1 and ½ cups plain flour
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoon oil
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 and ½ cups sugar
• Oil for deep fry
How to make:
1. Dissolve the salt in water and mix flour, egg and oil with it.
2. Knead well and make smooth dough. Cover it and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the pan with sugar and 2/3 cup water and make 1 sting sugar syrup.
4. Divide the dough into 12-15 balls and roll the ball .
5. Make thin flat bread and fold 1 edge like the picture.
6. Then fold two sides into the middle and press with your finger to seal it.
7. Fold same way twice more and cut the end like fisk tail.
8. Fry it in oil and soak in syrup 5-7 minutes.
9. Repeat the process with rest of balls.
10. Serve Pata pitha/sweet leaf or store it for 5-7 days.