Ruhi with Flat Bean /Rui Macher Sim Curry
I used flat bean (sim) in this recipe. If you want, you can use snow peas instead of flat bean kind of same taste. But snow peas need less time to cook, so add it when potato is half done.
• 6 pieces of ruhi
• 400 grams flat beans
• 2 medium tomatoes
• 1 medium potato
• ½ medium onion sliced
• 2 tablespoons onion paste
• 2 teaspoons chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves /
1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• ½ cup oil
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Cut the bean in middle and wash it. Keep aside.
2. Wash and cut each tomato into 8 pieces. Keep aside.
3. Peel the potato and cut into .30˝ thick. Wash it and keep aside.
4. Clean the fish and wash it.
5. Mix turmeric and salt with fish.
6. Heat the pan with oil and fry the fish 2 minutes each side.
7. Remove fish from oil and in the same pan add sliced onion.
8. Fry it till it becomes soft and transparent. Add onion paste, turmeric, chilli, bay leaf and salt.
9. Cook it till oil is separated and add potato. Cook it 2-3 minutes and bean, fish and 3 cups hot water.
10. Cook it under closed lid about 6 minutes and add tomato.
11. Cook it till potato is tender and add coriander leaves or roasted cumin. Remove the pan from heat.
12. Serve Ruhi with Flat Bean /Rui Macher Sim Curry with plain rice.