Samosa / Samucha
When my uncle(Mama) asked me about Samosa recipe, I was little bit scared. I made Samosa once in my life and I tricked then in Samosa sheet. But I don’t want to trick to my readers. Samosa and singara are two different snacks though in abroad those are mixed up easily. I will make authentic Bangladeshi spicy meat and onion stuffed samosa. Hope you will enjoy.
• 120 grams beef mince
• 120 gram sliced onion
• 1/6 teaspoon turmeric
• ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
• ¼ coriander powder
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon ginger
• 2 chopped green chillies
• 1 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
• 1 cup plain flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Oil for deep fry
Also need 1/4 cup dry flour for rolling and to make glue.
How to make:
1. Heat the pan on medium high and add sliced onion.
2. Fry the onion till it becomes soft and add all spices. Cook the spices about 1 minute and add mince.
3. Stir it and try to make it crumbly. We don’t want any chunk of mince.
4. When meat is cooked, turn off the heat and keep aside.
5. First dissolve the salt in 1 tablespoon water and mix flour in that. Add about ½ cup and 1 tablespoon water. Knead it and make it smooth soft dough. Let it sets at least 15 minutes.
6. Make 5 balls in that dough and roll each ball in dry flour. Try to make 8” long and 6” wide oval shape thin bread and use a knife to make rectangle.
7. Heat the pan on low heat and fry the bread about 30 second in both sides and cut length wise. So from 5 breads you will get 10 samosa sheets.
8. Take 2 teaspoon flour and add 3 teaspoon water to make glue.
9. Take bread and glue it in one side of length wise.
10. Make a cone and stuff the cone with meat stuffing and glue the top part and close it like envelop.
11. Repeat the process with rest of breads and deep fry them in low heat till Samosa becomes golden brown.
12. Serve samosa hot.
Tips: 1.Fry Samosa in low heat. 2. some people like to double fry Samosa. In that case fry them till somasa becomes light golden and take off from oil. After 5 minutes fry them again and make then golden brown.