Its winter in Australia but I know that all over the world people are suffering the heat of summer. So I am giving you a chilled summer dessert.
For Snow ball
• 2 egg white
• ½ teaspoon corn flour
• 3 and ½ tablespoon sugar
• 1 litre milk
• 2 egg yolk
• 1 and ½ tablespoon corn flour
• ½ tablespoon ghee/ clarified butter(optional)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
• ½ cup sugar
How to make:
1. Heat the milk till it gets to boiling point and turn off the heat.
2.Separate egg yolk and egg white.
3.Take egg whites, sugar and cornflour into a large clean mixing bowl and beat them on medium speed with an electric hand whisk till the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud (meringue) and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
4. Turn on the heat for milk and add spoonful meringue in hot milk. Make sure that milk does not go to boiling point.
5. Every time you add spoonful meringue, it will become like snow ball. Repeat the process to finish meringue.
6. Remove snow balls from milk in a serving bowl and turn off heat.
7. In same mixing bowl take egg yolks, corn flour and sugar and whisk well.
8. Add egg yolk mix, butter and vanilla essence in milk and turn on the heat.
9. Stir constantly and it becomes thick like custard, turn off the heat.
10. Pour custard over snow balls and let it cool down.
11. Serve Snowball Custard chilled.