Suti Kabab / Sutli Kabab
Ramadan Mubarrak. In Bangladesh Ramadan and iftar in Puran Dhaka are inseparable or entangle . Puran Dhaka is famous for its traditional food and Suti Kabab / Sutli Kabab (specially in Iftar) stands there with glory. This kabab goes well with paratha and puffed rice(muri). Hope everyone is having a blessed Ramadan and may Allah accept all of our fasts, our prayers, our efforts. I hope this finds everyone in good health as well. Thanks.
- 500 gm boneless beef
- 400 gm beef mince
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup chick peas flour(besan)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp mustard paste
- 2 tsp white poppy seed paste
- 2 tsp green papaya paste (pepe bata)
- ½ tsp allspice(kababchini)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder(optional)
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp green chilli
- 2 tbsp coriander leaf
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
Also need 4 skewers, cotton thread, 1/3 cup fried onion and ½ tsp garam masala.
How to make:
- Cut boneless meat into thin slice and marinate with ¼ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp garlic, 1 teaspoon papaya paste, allspice, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tbsp oil and salt.
- Blend green chilli and coriander leaf together and mix with rest ingredients (mince and spices) and keep aside ½ tbsp oil.
- Marinate both meats for at least hour.
- Preheat the oven 240˚c or 220˚c(fan forced) .
- Now take 4 skewers together to make 1 thick skewer and start assembling meat (process will wrap on skewer with boneless meat, mince, boneless meat, mince and top layer will be boneless meat).
- Secure the meat with cotton thread and brush it with oil.
- Bake it for 20 minutes in middle of the oven and turn it; bake 10 more minutes.
- Reduce the temperature of oven to 180 ˚c or 160˚c (fan forced) and bake 5 minutes more.
- Remove kabab from oven and brush garam masala over it.
- Cut thread before serving delicious Suti kabab / Sutli kabab garnish with fried onion.
- I am using 4 skewer instead of 1 thick skewer. If you have thick skewer , you need to use just one.
- You can meat tenderizer instead of papaya paste.
- You can grill or pan fry Suti kabab/ Sutli kabab.
- You can use more or less chilli to your taste.