Sweet Tamarind Chutney / Misti Tetuler Chutney
By Rownak Jahan,
June 6, 2012Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Tamarind has a funny truth for Bangladeshi people. Whenever they even think of tamarind, they feel like to have it (I don’t know why but it is true).
• 150 grams tamarind seedless
• 1/3 cup mustard oil
• ½ tablespoon pachforon
• 1 tablespoon roasted cumin powder
• 4 dry roasted chilli flake
• 1 and ¼ cups sugar
• ½ tablespoon salt
How to make:
1. Heat oil with pachforon when pachforon starts crackles; add tamarind, chilli flake, cumin, 2 cups of water and salt.
2. Stir it till tamarind dissolved and add sugar.
3. When tamarind and sugar cooperate together, remove from heat.
4. Allow to cool down Sweet Tamarind Chutney / Misti Tetuler Chutney before preserve it.
Tips: you can crush pachforon for better flavour.