By Rownak Jahan,
March 15, 2012
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serves
Don’t get shocked. Chinese and Thai foods are very popular in Bangladesh. Though I find that those recipes are influenced by Bangladeshi Cuisine.
• 150 grams chicken breast fillet (small diced)
• 4 chicken stock cube/4 cup chicken stock
• 1 egg
• 1 lemongrass stalk
• 1 tablespoon soya sauce
• 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
• 1 tablespoon corn flour
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon ginger paste
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• 1 green chilli finely chopped(optional)
• Salt to taste
How to make:
1. Slice soft white part of lemon grass thinly and keep aside.
2. Mix chicken breast, ginger, black pepper and soya sauce and cook it till chicken becomes cooked.
3. Add chicken stock or if you are using chicken cube and 4 cups water.
4. Add tomato sauce, green chilli and lemon grass.
5. Blend egg, ½ water and corn flour and add with it. Stair continuously.
6. When it comes into boiling point add salt, sugar and lemon juice.
7. Serve Thai soup hot.
Tips: 1.If you want to make prawn Thai soup, use prawn instead of chicken. 2. If you want really hot soup, extra hot chilli sauce.