Tomato Dolma / Tomator Dolma
I am making Tomato Dolma / Tomator Dolma in Bangladeshi style with gravy but you can bake or grill it, if you want healthier one. And I am using meat today for stuffing but you can make it with fish, prawn (my fav) and even with vegetables. For meat beef and chicken are preferable. If you donet even like tomato, you will love it(it tastes so good). It is a very simple recipe, so please try. Thanks.
- 400 grams mince meat
- 6-8 tomatoes(small size preferable)
- 1 and ½ tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup onion paste
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp chilli powder or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder(optional)
- 2-3 green chilli chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamom pods
- ½” cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Use a sharp knife to slice the top off each tomato. Use a teaspoon to scoop out seeds and flesh and set aside.
- Mix mince, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, ½ tsp ginger paste, coriander leaf, bread crumbs and ½ tsp salt together; stuff each tomato and make kofta(meat ball) with rest mince mixture.
- Heat the oil and add bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick.
- After a minute add onion paste and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli powder and salt; cook till oil is separated. Add milk and bring to boiling point.
- Add sugar and pepper; give a stir and stuffed tomato and meat ball in the gravy.
- Cook in under closed lid 6-8 minutes or till you get your preferable gravy consistency.
- Serve Tomato Dolma / Tomator Dolma with rice, polau or even with paratha / roti.