By Rownak Jahan,
June 12, 2012
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
As you know, wonton is not authentic Bangladeshi food. But fried wonton is very popular in Bangladesh. We (Bangladeshi people) just spice wonton up to match with our taste bud.
• 1 cup plain flour
• ¼ cup corn flour
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 and ½ cups shredded cabbage
• ½ cup grated carrot
• 250 grams peeled prawns
• 1 tablespoon soya sauce
• 4-6 chillies finely chopped
• ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
• ½ teaspoon tasting salt (optional)
• Salt to taste
• 1 and ½ tablespoon oil
• Oil for deep fry
Also plain flour to roll
How to make:
1. Heat pan with oil (1 and ½ tablespoon) and add prawn and soya sauce.
2. Cook 2 minutes and add cabbage and salt. Stir well.
3. When cabbage is half done add carrot, chilli and tasting salt.
4. Stir it and after 2 minutes remove it from heat. And keep aside.
5. For wrap mix all ingredients and water together and make hard dough.
6. Divide the dough into 8 balls and roll each ball using plain flour.
7. Make thin flat bread and cut into 4.5″ square.
8. Use whole dough to make square wrap.
9. Now stuff the wrap and fold like picture and to seal edge use water.
10. Heat the oil on medium heat and fry the wonton till it becomes golden brown.
11. Serve fried wonton as a snack or with soup.
Tips: as you know tasting salt (Ajinomoto) is nomally used in wonton. In stead of tasting salt you can sugar which works fine to me.