Chinese Mixed Vegetables with Chicken
Like every other country Chinese food is very popular in Bangladesh, though it has its own taste and style to get along with Bangladeshi people’s taste. Chinese Mixed Vegetables with Chicken is one of my favourite dishes which I find very healthy style to cook vegetables. Just be creative to pick different colour vegetables to make it colourful and attractive. You can even use prawn (love it) and beef instead of chicken, even you can make it with only vegetables to skip meat part. Enjoy.
- 1 kg vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, green papaw, carrot, bean, baby corn, capsicum)
- 250 grams chicken fillet
- 2 tablespoon Spring onion(optional)
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ½ tsp pepper(white pepper looks good and black pepper tastes good)
- 1 tablespoon butter/ ghee
- 2/3 green chilli chopped
- ½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- Salt to taste
How to make:
- Cut all vegetables and 1 teaspoon salt into or about same size. Wash and keep aside.
- Cut boneless chicken fillet into bite-size. Marinate them with ginger paste, soya sauce, salt and little white pepper for 10 minutes. Heat a non-stick pan and stir-fry them until tender and change colour to white.
- Heat butter in a pan again. Add all vege except capsicum and sauté 4- minute.
- Add chicken pieces, capsicum, spring onion and green chilli; cook 2 minutes and mix corn flour into 1 and ½ cup water and add with curry. Stir constantly on med heat until the gravy thickens.
- Add pepper, tasting salt, sugar, lemon juice and salt. Give a stir and remove from heat.
- Serve Chinese mixed vegetables with chicken hot.
- Sometimes I love to add 2 lemon leaves.
- Take different colour vege to make it colourful.
- Chicken and vege ratio is up to you.
- If you don’t want to use tasting salt, you can omit it.