Chicken Seekh Kabab
For good moist kabab please never use lean meat. Lean meat hard chewy kabab. If you have got lean meat, add some fat or oil into it. Thigh fillet has bit fat and more moist, so thigh fillet is more preferable than breast fillet. For minced chicken it does not take long time, so don’t overcook. For Eid you can just make it before, skewer it, put refrigerator and cook it on Eid day. If you don’t like mint, use coriander leaves instead.
• 300 grams chicken fillet(thigh preferable)
• 3 green chillies or to taste
• 2 tablespoon mint leaves
• 3 tablespoon fried onion
• ¼ ts coriander powder
• 1 ts chat masala
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 ts ginger
• ¼ ts cardamom powder
• ¼ ts cinnamon powder
• 2 ts oil
• ½ egg
• Salt to taste
Also needs skewers (metal or bamboo)
How to make:
1. Wash chicken fillet and pat dry it (we don’t want any excess water).
2. Place chicken with all ingredients except salt, oil and egg into food processor and make it mince.
3. Add egg, salt and oil into it and mix well.
4. Take skewer and spread minced chicken on it.
5. Put into grill oven (high heat) or place on BBQ or pan fry it.
6. Enjoy Chicken Seekh Kabab as a snacks or side dish or with naan, paratha or polau.
Tips: If required add bread crumbs or white bread and mix well. Turn only once (so wait till one side is cooked, then turn)