Narikel Murg / Spicy Coconut Chicken
I want to say that Narikel Murg / Coconut Chicken is spicy dish with great taste. Please don’t get confuse with the use of sugar. Little bit sugar just acts as taste enhancer.
• 1 chicken (1 kg)
• ¾ cup coconut milk
• ½ cup onion paste
• 6-7 green chillies (sliced)
• 2 teaspoons ginger paste
• 1 teaspoon garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts /almond paste
• 2 teaspoon coriander powder
• ½ teaspoon sugar
• Salt to taste
• 1/3 cup oil
How to make:
1. Cut the chicken into 8-12 pieces and wash it.
2. Take a pan and add together chicken, ginger, garlic, coriander, onion, ½ tsp salt and oil.
3. Cook it till oil is separated and add coconut milk and green chillies.
4. Give a stir and cook it under closed lid till chicken is cooked properly.
5. Check salt and add nut paste, ¼ cup water and sugar.
6. Give a stir and cook 2 minutes. Remove Narikel Murg / Coconut Chicken from heat.
7. Enjoy Narikel Murg / Coconut Chicken with rice or polau.